We are super excited to announce that SD43 Education Foundation is the final recipient in our $50,000 donation. Receiving $30,000, it will be invested in a Restricted Endowment Fund which uses the investment income to pay for the scholarships annually.
The Sharon Perry Scholarship was established in the spring of 2021, in celebration of our 10-year business anniversary. Sharon believes that education is the foundation for success in life and her living legacy includes committing to and supporting the needs of our Tri-Cities community. As a local business owner of Sharon Perry & Associates, Chartered Professional Accountants and an active member in the Tri-Cities community, Sharon has created this bursary to help make post-secondary education more financially accessible for youth in the Tri-Cities.
This bursary is meant to support students with financial needs while also recognizing and rewarding their academic and extracurricular achievements for entering a post-secondary institution in the areas of Business Administration, Commerce, Marketing, Accounting or other General Business diploma or degree program.
Two (2) scholarships of $1,000 will be awarded annually and are designed to help cover the costs of tuition, books and academic supplies.
- Enrolled in a School District 43 (SD43) Secondary School;
- Maintain academic achievement sufficient for admission to a post-secondary institution;
- Demonstrate financial need;
- Entering Business Administration, Commerce, Marketing, Accounting or other General Business diploma or degree at a post-secondary institution in BC, with a preference for Douglas College; and
- A well-rounded student who has demonstrated leadership through academic and extracurricular activities including, but not restricted to, athletics, community or arts.
All eligible students are encouraged to apply as directed by their SD43 principal, teachers and/or counsellors. We truly look forward to reviewing the applications with the SD43 Scholarship Committee.
And in true Sharon style, you just never know when 2 awards will turn into 4. Good luck to all applicants and remember to always keep learning (professional, educational, personal, etc.), just like Sharon does every single day.